Fresh faces join the Mustang family this year

New teachers are always welcome at the home of the Mustangs. Sean Barker, Jensen Jacquet and Victoria Moore are among more than a dozen new teachers who have recently joined the Mustang family.

“I chose to teach at CHHS because of the high expectations set for both faculty and students,” said Moore, an English teacher. “I loved the family atmosphere when I visited, and I felt completely at home.”

Barker, a science teacher and football coach, has a similar stance.

“I chose Center Hill because it is a great school and it is a lot closer to home than my last position,” he said.

Jacquet, an English and drama teacher, said that the school has a very homey and welcoming environment.

“Center Hill is a great school,” she said. “It has an environment like a family. It’s almost like a home away from home, and the students and staff are incredible.”

The new teachers have different backgrounds in education. This is Barker’s first year as a teacher. Jacquet is also fairly new to the game. She said she has been teaching for two years and actually came to Center Hill from Byhalia High School. Moore said that she has only been teaching high school students for five years, but she has been in the educational field for eight.

Moore said she has felt the love of the Mustang family from the start.

“Students and faculty alike have welcomed me with open arms and have made my transition from my previous school seamless,” she said.

Barker also appreciates the welcoming environment.

“Both the students and the staff are great people to be around,” he said.