The student news site of Center Hill High School.

The Pony Express

The Pony Express

The Pony Express

Seniors bond over sunrise at the Hill.

The Pony Express
On Friday, Center Hill High School’s class of 2024 gathered around the football practice field to kick off their first senior event of the year.

On Friday, August 25th, Center Hill High School’s class of 2024 gathered around the football practice field to kick off their first senior event of the year.

With sleep still clinging to their lashes, seniors ambled onto the field, wrapped in blankets, with their coffee and donuts in hand, ready to soak in the energy of being surrounded by friends and a beautiful sunrise.

The senior sunrise was held on the first home football game of the season. Senior officer Awa Mbenga stated, “The sunrise was one of those things that we did, and it just turned out amazing.”

This was the Hill’s first sunrise held for the senior class, and the class officers all had their share of doubts on whether this was an event to put their energy into. Would teens get up at 5:45 A.M. and come out just to watch a sunrise?

But with 150 attendees, the event was a success, and they were all proud of the event. Senior class sponsor Devra Hampton stated, “I am so happy with the number of students who showed up for this event! This is the kind of function that creates lasting memories.”

To mark the event, class officers set up a poster for seniors to paint a sun using their handprints. 

Events like these are the events that shall shape the senior’s futures and create a bonding experience for them to put all differences aside and just bond as one, wrapped up in a blanket and admiring the sunrise over their school.

Senior Krystal Rostro stated, “It’s our senior year, and we only have so many days left so why not enjoy them and do fun events like the sun rise and just have fun?”

• On Friday, Center Hill High School’s class of 2024 gathered around the football practice field to kick off their first senior event of the year.

George Tucker

George Tucker

Veronica Flores

• But with 150 attendees, the event was a success, and they were all proud of the event. Senior class sponsor Devra Hampton stated, “I am so happy with the number of students who showed up for this event! This is the kind of function that creates lasting memories.”