Seniors give advice, reveal where they’re going after graduation

So long, Class of 2018.

As the senior class moves forward into a new chapter, they leave the rest of us with some of their greatest memories and experiences shared at Center Hill High School, as well as some advice to get us through the next years.

“My greatest memory was being on Homecoming my senior year, because it’s pretty cool that your classmates chose you to represent the school in such a great event like that,” Karina Prado said.

Destini Dixon also has a memorable moment.

“My best high school memory is when we took the bus to Jackson to watch the boys basketball team play at the big house,” said Dixon, who also offered tips for students still in high school. “My advice to underclassmen is to enjoy each year because your senior year will go by very quickly.”

Kevin Mendoza also shared tips for getting through high school.

“Some advice that I would give to underclassmen is make their high school experience unforgettable,” he said.

Although he doesn’t know what he wants to major in, “I am planning on going to either Northwest or University of Memphis,” Mendoza said.

Mary Catherine Miller’s college major dictated her decision to attend college close to home.

“Ole Miss has an amazing and highly competitive Early Entry Pharmacy program,” she said. “The biggest perk for being in EE is that when it comes time to start graduate school, I automatically have a spot reserved for me at University Medical Center in Jackson.”

Some of the Class of 2018 have decided to travel for college. Amber Terry is planning to major in mechanical engineering at Vanderbilt University in Nashville.

“I chose Vanderbilt University for the myriad of opportunities they offer in study abroad and internship,” she said. “They also have time and staff for one-on-one teaching to assure that students understand information which stimulates students’ ability to make creative solutions to problems, but most importantly they gave me the most scholarship money.”

Connor Hutto will be farther away at Dartmouth College in New Hampshire. He will major in government and minor in philosophy.

“I chose Dartmouth because I want to practice law at the federal level and I think the education I will receive at Dartmouth will be phenomenal,” Hutto said. “As a first-generation student who is Ivy League bound, I’m still in awe.”

For some seniors, college may not hold their attention right away. Bradyn Smith has chosen to join the military.

“I’m going into the Navy to follow my dream of becoming a Navy SEAL and to make myself a better person and to try to make the world a more peaceful place,” Smith said.