No snow day for Mustangs

• Sophomore Omar Alomri and his classmates take pictures of the snowfall at school during 2nd block today. According to the National Weather Service, DeSoto County had a 20 percent chance of snow showers this morning.

• Ari Mendoza, far left, said she was furious to not be home playing in the snow today. The junior was still able to build a snowman with classmates Brelund Barnes, center, and Jacob Money. According to the National Weather Service, DeSoto County had a 20 percent chance of snow showers this morning.

Some students were upset to come to school today. Even though the National Weather Service predicted a 20 percent chance of snow showers this morning in DeSoto County, school was not canceled or delayed. At Center Hill High School, located in the northeastern part of the county, the snow steadily fell between 7 and 11 a.m. It picked back up just after noon and was still falling at 2 p.m.

“I’m glad to see snow outside, but I’m disappointed that I couldn’t stay home and enjoy it,” sophomore Omar Alomri said.

Because students can do their work from home on Schoology, freshman Tony Macklin said he thought school should have closed today.

“I knew it was snowing last night, but I didn’t know it would be to this extent,” Macklin said. “Personally, I don’t think I should be here right now because there’s snow and we have Schoology. There’s room for leniency.”

Junior Ari Mendoza wasn’t at all happy about being at school.

“I’m just furious,” she said, and she wasn’t kidding. “I missed out on precious memories with my family.”

Still, Mendoza had her fun by building a snowman at school right outside of C Hall with some of her classmates.

The snowman might not be around to enjoy all of Tuesday. According to forecast.weather.gov, today’s high should reach the mid-30s, tonight’s low will be in the mid-20s, and tomorrow will be sunny in the upper 40s.