Center Hill hosts College Signing Day

• After they graduate from Center Hill High School, seniors Nancy Toche, left, and Sebastian Askew will attend the University of Memphis.

• Approximately 200 seniors attended Center Hill High School’s College Signing Day May 3.

• Center Hill High School seniors Heather Layton, from left, Zoe Kinggard and Jonathan Greganti will attend the University of Alabama in Huntsville.

• Several members of Center Hill High School’s Class of 2019 plan to attend the University of Mississippi.

• After they graduate from Center Hill High School, seniors Gabbie Collins and Nuriel Perkins will attend the University of Southern Mississippi.

aige Brick

Representatives from six colleges and universities were on hand May 3 for Center Hill High School’s second annual College Signing Day.

“The purpose of this is to recognize our college-bound students,” counselor Danielle Brown said. “We are so proud of these seniors and their commitment to continuing their education after they leave us.”

Brown said approximately 200 seniors attended the event.

“Not all of them are going to college, but the majority of them are continuing their education either through the military, work program, or technical school,” she said. “We had Northwest Community College, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Southern Miss, Memphis, and Delta State.”

Tanika Kounhavong will be a Memphis Tiger.

“I wanted to be close to family,” said Kounhavong, who will major in pharmacy.

Jonathan Tate wants to attend Northwest after graduation.

“College Signing Day was very helpful,” Tate said. “I got the chance to talk to a representative of Northwest and it gave me a better insight. I plan on majoring in information technology and they gave me information about their IT program.”

William Wright added that the event was an opportunity for “bonding between seniors.”

He will attend Mississippi State University and major in kinesiology.

“I was born being an MSU fan,” Wright said.