The student news site of Center Hill High School.

The Pony Express

The Pony Express

The Pony Express

Ask the Mustangs: April Fool’s Day.

Love it or hate it, April Fool’s day comes every year. Whether you’re always being pranked, or you are doing the pranking, everyone has something to say about this iconic holiday.

I asked some freshmen to tell me about their plans for this April 1st, a prank they’ve done before, or a prank that someone pulled on them!

Yana Emer: I’m probably going to mess with people like I always do… maybe a little more.

Kayla Malone: I’m gonna get my crutches and a brace and tell people I’ve been in some freak accident!

Alexis Turner: One time, someone swapped my Dr. Pepper for a glass of soy sauce!

Katlyn Minott: I am going to fake a break up with my boyfriend!

Casey Creed: I pretended to break my foot the night before a softball tournament, and I showed up to the game in a boot. My coach freaked out because I was the starting pitcher! It was very entertaining.

Jennifer Mata: I’m putting those firework popper things under chairs and toilet seats so when someone sits down, it makes a loud popping sound.

Lisa Lee Larsen: My second grade class and our assistant teacher pranked our teacher. Like three people went to class, and the rest stayed in the cafeteria until after class started. She went looking for us because she didn’t believe that nobody showed up. She met us in the cafeteria and screamed, “I knew it! You can’t fool me!”

Grace Eskridge: I always go for the classic “I’m moving.” This year, I’ll probably convince everyone that I’m moving to China!

Peyton Thornburg: It was on my birthday, because my birthday is April 1st. I was opening presents and there was box of Spiderman stuff, I was like six  or seven, and so I started opening it, being ultra excited, and when it was open, there was just a note that said “better luck next time. Happy birthday/April fools.

Author’s note: some responses have been edited for length or clarity.