The student news site of Center Hill High School.

The Pony Express

The Pony Express

The Pony Express

Club Spotlight: Cheer hosts clinic and tryouts, Ultimate Frisbee begins practice.

​Three years ago the Center Hill High School cheer team was ranked 15 out of 16 in the state of Mississippi.
The Mustang

Ultimate Frisbee.

Ultimate Frisbee will be practicing every Thursday from 4-5 unless the weather conflicts.

You can join the Ultimate Frisbee remind 101 by sending @e6f66dc to 81010 to keep in touch with practice information.

Also, if you are interested in purchasing an Ultimate Frisbee club shirt, please see Mrs. Jones in C10. The short sleeve black shirt has the saying “Sometimes I wonder…Why is the Frisbee getting bigger? Then it hits me…” on the back and the CHHS logo on the left front.

The shirt costs $11.00. All orders are due April 7th.

Cheer.

Center Hill Cheer team will be having the cheer clinic March 21st and 22nd. The tryout will be held the 24th. Talk to Mrs. Cohea or Mrs. Frederic if interested in more information.

National Honor Society.

Even though the semester is reaching its halfway point, NHS is showing no signs of winding down.

They have several service opportunities coming up, such as spending time with the veterans the end of March and making sure they have all their essentials, and participating in the MDA’s Muscle Walk in early April, which benefits those afflicted by muscular dystrophy and its related diseases.

The club also plans to hold elections for the 2016-2017 club officers soon so the current senior officers can work with the juniors to ensure the club will continue to be the best it can be in the coming years.

Art Society.

Art Society only has 5 meetings left this year, but meeting attendance has stayed high and the members continue to collaborate and bond over a love of art.

They just received their club t-shirt, which was designed by the winner of their t-shirt competition, Brooke Starnes. It features a quote by Pablo Picasso, “Learn rules like a pro…break them like an artist” and is blue, black, and white.

Book Club.

Book Club is reading Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard.

Victoria Gonzalez in USA Today said the book was “a sizzling, imaginative thriller, where romance and revolution collide, where power and justice duel. It’s exhilarating. Compelling. Action-packed. Unputdownable.”

Join us on April 4 at 7:50 AM in room C10 to discuss this dynamic book.

Book club shirts are available to order until April 5th. See Mrs. Jones in C10, if interested.

Interact.

Interact is in need of March and April volunteer projects. If you’re a member and have an idea for the club to participate in, please see Mrs. Green or Mrs. Coleman as soon as possible.

Yearbook.

Don’t forget to buy your 2015-2016 yearbook! You can order one at balfour.com or buy one during lunch for only $70.

If you ordered one before March 11th, you were entered in for a chance to be on the cover.