The student news site of Center Hill High School.

The Pony Express

The Pony Express

The Pony Express

Student council hosts annual blood drive.

​Center Hill’s Student Council hosts a blood drive every year as a way to save lives and raise money for a Student Council senior scholarship.

“The officers have to make sure every donor has a form with parent consent and sort their schedules, making sure to avoid interference with lunches. The morning of, they arrive at 7:30 to let the workers in and arrange tables and chairs. Finally, each donor is assigned a ‘buddy’ who will be in charge of that person,” says Erica Soldan, 12th grade and blood drive overseer.

Students conquered their fears and saved lives by donating a total of 70 units, meaning we are over halfway to our goal of 120 where we will get a $500 scholarship! If 144 units are donated, we will be awarded a $1000 scholarship for the hard-working seniors.

One donor Rachel Walker, 11th grade, says she was “nervous to donate because [she’s] never given blood before.” However, her supportive volleyball coach “convinced [her] to donate because Coach Green is scared of needles too.” The two ladies braved it together and would do it again when given the chance!

Many forget the reason we hold a blood drive.

Student body president, Kylie Hill, says that “it’s important to give to those who need help and can’t help themselves. One day, you might be that person who needs blood.” If you know someone who requires blood transfusions, you will be helping that person. It could literally be the difference between life and death.

Didn’t get to donate on the 13th? Anyone can go to Lifeblood and donate to the name of “Center Hill High School.” One more drive will be hosted in the spring as a final push to save lives!