The student news site of Center Hill High School.

The Pony Express

The Pony Express

The Pony Express

Mustangs fall to most challenging opponent yet.

The Center Hill football team played their fifth game of the season on Sept. 22. The Mustangs faced the Grenada Chargers, who were 1-4, on the Mustang’s home turf.

Grenada was first to the punch as the Chargers scored a touchdown and an extra point in the first quarter, but the Mustangs answered back in the second quarter by scoring a 58-yard rushing touchdown by Daverick Hardin, the starting quarterback for Center Hill.

At the half, the score was 13-7 with the Mustangs down by 6 points. The second half did not go as planned and the Mustangs came up short in the end, losing 29-7.

Despite the loss, the game featured outstanding defensive performances by linebacker Michael Chrestman, with 17 tackles for the game, and safety Matthew Lacy, with 14.

With the Mustangs 0-5, “This season hasn’t been going as I planned, but it hasn’t been totally horrible,” Hardin said. “Offense has improved major from last season. We can move the ball on whoever and whenever we want, with just a little miscommunication.”

The Mustangs traveled to West Point on Sept. 29 for what MaxPreps called “Center Hill’s most challenging opponent yet.”

The Mustangs fell to the Green Wave 56-0. Center Hill will take on Saltillo at home Oct. 6.