The student news site of Center Hill High School.

The Pony Express

The Pony Express

The Pony Express

Review: “Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning: Part One” keeps audience members glued to their seats.

Leviticus Johnson

Spoiler alert for Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning: Part One!

On July 12, 2023, Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning: Part One, was released in theaters. It is an action-packed movie that keeps you on the edge of your seat. The run time is around three hours long, but I found it very enjoyable nonetheless and recommend everyone goes to see it on their own time.

In the beginning, viewers might get lost in the plot of the movie. Personally, I was confused at first during bits of the story, but I then quickly caught on as the story unfolded.  A scene that I was a little lost in was in the beginning, there was a submarine and the mission team attacked it, but it somehow was never there to begin with and a missile sent by the enemies came back and hit the team.

There are frequent fights and chase scenes that go on for prolonged amounts of time and some scenes that don’t make any sense. There is one heartstring tugging scene where Ethan’s, (the main character) his friend Isla Faust dies because she was trying to save Grace and Gabriel stabbed her in the stomach. I believed that motivated Ethan to achieve his goal, to find 2 kills and kill the entity, done. 

As the story goes on, Ethan runs into Gabriel. Gabriel is the antagonist in the movie, he was trying to stop Ethan from destroying the entity, the dangerous weapon, and retrieving the keys. When Gabriel and Ethan see each other during the train scene, around the climax of the movie, they have a big fight and Ethan ends up taking one of the keys from Gabriel, but as they are fighting on the train, it crashes into a bridge and Ethan jumps off. Ethan and Gabriel have crossed paths before, but they never had a big fight until this point.

Overall, this movie is action-packed and full of things that you would not expect. It was very interesting to the point that my eyes were glued to the screen the whole time. I would suggest you watch this. You would enjoy it a lot if you’re into action movies.

The newest Mission Impossible is still available in theaters across the nation, so don’t miss it!