The student news site of Center Hill High School.

The Pony Express

The Pony Express

The Pony Express

Newly elected junior class officers thrilled to take on the 23-24 school year.

Cheyanne Cruse

After the extremely competitive campaign, the junior class voted Morgan Cunningham as their class president;  Allie Novosad as their vice president; and Nyre Tillman, Kaylee Loden, and Katherine Linville as their representatives for the year. The Pony Express reached out to the junior class officers to hear what they are looking forward to this year at the Hill.

Recording Secretary Nyre Tillman.

As part of the Hill’s varsity volleyball team, Mu Alpha Theta, Spanish Club, and FCCLA, Nyre Tillman looks forward to the experience of being a class officer. She also plays volleyball on the AAU club level.

Tillman believes the junior class is unique from others and ran to strengthen their future at the school. According to Tillman, “Everyone has their little groups, but everyone knows everyone whether they are close to them or not.”

Media Secretary Kaylee Loden.

Currently a cheerleader at DC Dragons, a rec coach at Conxion gym, and an FCS leader, Kaylee Loden keeps a busy and involved life but is thrilled to be a class officer.

She ran so she could become more involved, make new friends, and gain more experience during high school. “I am very interested in the media and sharing things,” she explained. “So I thought this would be a good fit. I also wanted to be able to share more with our class about activities and events for them to get more involved.”

Loden believes her class has a lot of spirit and hopes to help them bond as a group. “I hope I am able to help with the bonding activities, so that our grade can enjoy Center Hill even more before senior year!”

Social Chair Katherine Linville.

Member of Knowledge Bowl, Mu Alpha Theta, and track, Katherine Linville hopes to be a friendly face to her peers as a junior class officer. “I guess I realized how little impact I was making and realized I wanted for more people to know my name and to work to make a difference however it presents itself.”

Although she didn’t choose the role, Linville believes social chair fits her well and plans to use the position to help fundraise for the junior class through one of her passions, graphic design.

Morgan Cunningham and Allie Nosovad did not respond to The Pony Express staff when reached out for comment.