The student news site of Center Hill High School.

The Pony Express

The Pony Express

The Pony Express

Freshman class officers look for fresh start at the Hill.

Leviticus Johnson

The class of 2027 voted for Alanah Cook, Makayla Todd, Peyton Coleman, and Colyer Smith to represent them as their class officers this year. The Pony Express reached out to the freshman class officers to hear what they are looking forward to this year at the Hill.

President Alanah Cook.

Voted class president, Alanah Cook promises that every freshman will be heard and represented. Cook is an active student of Center Hill High School already; she’s on the softball team and is a member of the drama club. It’s not all school and no fun for Cook, however. A travel bug at heart, she travels at least two to three times a year, with Hawaii ranking as her favorite vacation spot.

Cook chose to run for the role of president to improve her leadership skills, and her biggest inspiration is former First Lady Michelle Obama. “She’s a great role model,” explained the freshman class president, “who has accomplished many things, and I really look up to her and want to be like her when I get older.”

After high school, Cook plans to play college softball and major in either theater or media.

Secretary Peyton Coleman. 

Member of the band and Insane Stangs, Peyton Coleman pumped for the year to come as the freshman secretary. “I’m excited to be involved in the student body,” explained Coleman, “and make sure we have fun things to do all year.”

Coleman loves attending church and inspiring the good in others. She chose the position of secretary because she believes she would be the best fit for the job.

Reporter Colyer Smith.

Stoked to be the freshman class reporter, Colyer Smith is ready to get more involved on campus. His love for photography led him to run for his particular position. “I’m ready to be a part of something so much greater than me,” explained Smith.

While he is not in any clubs right now, Smith plans to join Interact, Mu Alpha Theta, MustangTV, and P7.

Makayla Todd did not respond to The Pony Express staff when reached out for comment.